18 Easy Upgrades for Convenience Foods
- Pizza with Arugula and Prosciutto (shown)
- Pizza with Pesto and Ricotta
- Pizza with Fried Eggs and Pecorino
Best Frozen PizzaTrader Joe’s Pizza 4 Formaggi
A thin and chewy crust topped with Asiago, Pecorino, Grana, and Edam puts this rustic pie ahead of the competition.
To buy: $4 for 13.4 ounces.
- Pasta with Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Sauce (shown)
- Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Peas
- Pasta with Tomato, Sausage and White Wine Sauce
Best Marinara SauceRao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce
This unanimous favorite―with a gorgeous color and a luscious consistency―tastes of real tomatoes and good olive oil.
To buy: $9 for 24 ounces.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Best Chicken Noodle SoupCampbell’s Select Harvest Chicken with Egg Noodles
Not too salty, this hearty soup has real chicken flavor and chunks of white meat―but no tin-can aftertaste.
To buy: $2.50 for 18.6 ounces.
- Rice Pilaf with Chorizo and Scallions (shown)
- Rice Pilaf with Raisins and Cashews
- Rice Pilaf with Feta and Dill
Best Rice PilafNear East Original Rice Pilaf
Praised for its firm, plump grains and rich (not oily) seasoning, this blend is mild enough to appeal to even the most picky palates. Pasta lovers will appreciate the nice helping of orzo mixed in.
To buy: $2.50 for 6.09 ounces.
- Pound Cake with Oranges, Honey, and Rosemary (shown)
- Glazed Pound Cake with Crystallized Ginger
- Toasted Pound Cake with Whipped Cream and Almonds
Best Pound CakeEntenmann’s All Butter Loaf Cake
Just-baked brown with a creamy gold interior, this versatile treat has a clean, buttery flavor and a pleasing dense texture.
To buy: $4.50 for 12 ounces.