Pi Day: These Are the 10 Most Popular Pies in America
Warning: delicious-looking pies ahead.
While there are some people who like pi more than pie, most of us celebrate Pi Day with a warm and tasty treat. Not up for making one yourself? There are plenty of bakeries and pie shops all around the country that churn out creative, delicious flavors each and every day. As part of their tasty take on Pi Day, UberEATS compiled a list of the 10 most popular pies across the country—and the winning flavors are downright heavenly. While a few classics made the list (think Cinnamon Apple and Sweet Potato Pie), unique creations such as Salted Caramel French Toast Pie also made an appearance. As the home of three of the top 10 pies, it’s clear that Washington, D.C. is a popular city for pie lovers. Other cities that made the list are Los Angeles, NYC, Miami, and San Diego. The data is based on all U.S. UberEATS order data over the last six months (the below pies were ordered the most).
RELATED: Apple Pie Baked Apples
1. Baltimore Bomb Pie from Dangerously Delicious Pies in Washington, D.C. This decadent pie is filled with Berger Cookies (a local specialty) that are melted down and swirled into a vanilla chess filling.
2. Cinnamon Apple Pie from Popeye's Lousiana Kitchen in Washington, D.C. This hand pie is just what is sounds like: a soft, cinnamon apple center surrounded by a warm, crispy crust.
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Chess Pie from Dangerously Delicious Pies in Washington, D.C. This pie is loaded up with everyone’s two favorite foods: peanut butter and chocolate.
4. Pie by the Slice from Republic of Pie in Los Angeles, CA. We’re particularly intrigued by their Cookies and Cream flavor.
5. Apple Pie from Checkers in New York, NY. Ripe apples are rolled in cinnamon and sugar, then stuffed into a crispy pie shell.
6. Salted Caramel French Toast Pie from Dangerously Delicious Pies in Washington, D.C. This custard-based pie combines sweet with salty for a truly delicious slice.
7. Salted Caramel Pie from Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop & Cafe in Miami, FL. This pie is gooey in the middle with a crunch of caramel around the edges. Definitely a must for anyone with a sweet tooth.
8. S’mores Pie from Butter & Scotch in New York, NY. With its house-made graham cracker crust, a milk chocolate custard, and freshly toasted marshmallow, s’mores lovers can’t go wrong with this pie.
9. Baked Sweet Potato Pie from The Salty Donut in Miami, FL. Somehow a doughnut snuck its way onto this list, but we’re not complaining.
10. Cinnabread from Woodstocks in San Diego, CA. A favorite amongst local college students, this warm dessert pie is topped with brown sugar, cinnamon, and a drizzle of icing.