Ben & Jerry's New Snackable Cookie Dough Is About to Be Your Sweet-Tooth Obsession
I scream, you scream, we all scream for cookie dough sans ice cream. No spoon necessary!
Dreams do come true. The geniuses behind Ben & Jerry’s ice cream just announced that this month, they’re going to be rolling out a new line of snackable cookie dough bites. As in, their dangerously delicious cookie dough ice cream—their top-selling flavor around the world—with no ice cream strings attached.
Snackable Dough is available in three flavors: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Each one comes in a half-pound bag and is completely safe to eat raw, because the dough contains pasteurized eggs and heat-treated flour.
The brand tested the idea for ready-to-eat cookie dough last summer, and people went wild. “During a short market test in Vermont, fans snatched up the dough in record time. Bags flew off the shelves in mere days and stores could not keep the delicious dough bites in stock!” says Jody Eley, the Innovation Manager at Ben & Jerry’s. “Fans have been asking for ‘just the chunks’ for a while now,” she added.
The most obvious way to eat this dreamy creamy snack is by inhaling as-is, and we’re in full support of that exploit. But if you’re ready to bust out the big guns and try something more creative (read: indulgent), we’d never judge if you were to try one of these cookie dough ideas:
- Drop some dough bites into your hot chocolate. They’ll melt, and so will you.
- Stir a few chunks into your morning cereal. Because, breakfast of champions.
- Pop them in the oven! They’ll bake into sweet little chip-like crispy cookie bites.
- Mix into your own favorite flavor of ice cream (chocolate chip cookie dough Cherry Garcia, anyone?) for the most meta dessert.
- Use them as a cake or cupcake topper.
- Mix them into brownie batter... or waffle batter.
- Leave some out of the freezer for an hour for a freshly-mixed-dough texture you can dip a spoon into.
- Separate one cookie from an Oreo, plop a dough bite into the icing, and re-cookie the outside. It's the sandwich of every inner eight-year-old's dreams.
Run, don’t walk to your closest frozen aisle. All Cookie Dough Chunks will be available in participating retailers and Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops nationwide for $4.99.