This Eggplant Recipe Is So Tasty, My Friends Always Beg Me to Make It
Not only is this eggplant recipe easy to whip up, it's also the perfect guilt-free dip to have on-hand for the week.
I’ve made dozens of eggplant dishes over the years, but I must admit, this is the best eggplant recipe I've ever had. My love of smoked eggplant dip started many years ago, but it turned into a bit of an obsession during my honeymoon in Greece last summer. In fact, I think I had it every single day during our trip. I expected to be sick of smoked eggplant by the time my husband and I got home, but I just couldn’t kick my craving. Since I was used to eating the “real deal” in the Mediterranean, I knew a store-bought dip wouldn’t suffice. So, I set out to make my own, and the result was absolutely delicious.
My favorite part about this eggplant recipe–which is my own spin on a few I've read–is that it’s incredibly easy to make. All you need is a baking dish and food processor. The dip is also the perfect healthy snack to have in your fridge for the week. And if you’re anything like my husband, you will figure out a way to add it to every meal.
Here's What You'll Need
- 2 medium eggplants
- 4 gloves of garlic
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil (good quality goes a long way here)
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Paprika (optional)
Here's What To Do
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- While your oven is preheating, rub a little bit of olive oil all over the eggplants and then place into baking dish
- Bake eggplants for 30-45 minutes. Using a set of tongs, flip eggplants halfway through
- Once eggplants are soft and deflated, remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes
- Slice eggplants open and scoop the insides into a food processor
- Add garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and fresh parsley and process until smooth
- Transfer dip to a bowl, add a drop of olive oil, and a sprinkle paprika for serving
Enjoy this roasted eggplant dip with warm pita or chopped veggies. It’s also perfect to add to a falafel sandwich or chicken shawarma plate. And if you’re looking for more eggplant recipe inspiration, we’ve got you covered with these 15 easy eggplant recipes.