Don’t want to let post-holiday ham go to waste? Use the extra to make everything from breakfast pizza to pasta gratins.
- Ham and Black-Eyed Pea Salad (shown)
- Eggs With Ham, Cheddar, and Chives
- Baked Penne Gratin With Ham
- Cauliflower and Ham Gratin
- Ham and Cheese Quesadillas
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Recipe note: Substitute your leftover ham for deli ham mentioned in select recipes.
Joan Hanson, test kitchen director of Hormel Foods, suggests these additional ideas for ham leftovers:
- Make a lunchtime salad by tossing pasta with ham, vegetables, and your favorite dressing.
- Create a pizza breakfast. Top pizza crust with scrambled eggs, diced ham, cheese, mushrooms, and green onions. Bake pizza until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Try Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Sandwiches. While scrambling eggs, toss in diced, fresh spinach leaves, and some green onion. Spoon the green eggs and ham into pita halves or over toasted English muffins.
Now that you’ve put your ham to good use, transform leftover eggs with these hard-boiled egg recipes.