When a recipe leaves you with just a sprig or two of fresh basil, you can
- Toss it with mixed salad greens.
- Slip it into sandwiches in place of lettuce.
- Add it to omelets made with Feta or goat cheese.
- Sprinkle it over vegetable soup.
- Thinly slice it and add it to sliced strawberries.
- Stir it into buttered green beans.
- Sprinkle it over corn on the cob, using a generous drizzle of olive oil in place of butter.
- Add it to tuna salad (either mayonnaise- or vinaigrette-based).
- Rip it into pieces and toss with sliced nectarines or peaches, olive oil, honey, and a squeeze of lemon and serve alongside salmon or chicken.