Great Grapefruit Dishes
Packed with vitamin C and antioxidants, this sweet-tart citrus is perfect for breakfast and beyond. Here are eight quick and tasty recipe ideas.
How to Choose
Grapefruit should be plump, firm, and heavy for their size. Look for ones with glossy, finely textured skins.
How to Store
Keep grapefruit at room temperature for up to a week or in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
How to Use It
- Grapefruit and Cabbage Slaw: Combine grapefruit segments with shredded Napa cabbage, sliced scallions, toasted pecans, lime juice, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Grapefruit, Avocado, and Shrimp Salad: Toss cooked shrimp with mayonnaise and tarragon; serve with grapefruit segments and sliced avocado.
- Grapefruit With Beets and Goat Cheese: Arrange grapefruit segments and sliced cooked beets on a plate. Top with crumbled goat cheese and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Grapefruit Broiled With Honey: Spread grapefruit halves with honey and broil until browned in spots.
- Grapefruit-Vanilla Compote: Lightly cook grapefruit segments in a skillet with a spoonful of sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract; serve over ice cream or pound cake.
- Grapefruit With Ginger and Brown-Sugar Sour Cream: Mix sour cream with brown sugar; dollop on grapefruit segments and sprinkle with chopped candied ginger.
- Grapefruit Spritzer: Combine fresh grapefruit juice with club soda and crushed mint leaves.
- Grapefruit Margarita: Shake up 3 parts fresh grapefruit juice, 1 part tequila, 1 part triple sec or Cointreau, and 1 part fresh lime juice; serve over ice.
See more Real Simple recipes with fruit.