They're not just for breakfast anymore. Try these delicious ideas for waffle sandwiches.
Frozen waffles can be more than just a vehicle for butter and maple syrup. When used to make grilled cheese or panini-style sandwiches, they really are the greatest invention since sliced bread. Using your choice of fillings or any of those below, assemble a sandwich, then follow the directions.
- Bacon, avocado, and Cheddar
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Red onion, black olives, and Feta
- Egg, spinach, and Swiss cheese
- Smoked turkey, watercress, and Brie
- Butter, banana, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Chocolate bars and marshmallows or Marshmallow Fluff
See Real Simple’s picks for The Best Frozen Waffles.