The best part of a warm, cheesy pizza? The bubbly, crispy crust, of course. Making a batch of dough at home is surprisingly simple and requires nothing but a few pantry staples. Which means, with just a little extra effort, you can have pizza night whenever the craving strikes.
What You Need
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
Follow These Steps
- In a bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, 1 cup warm water, and 1½ teaspoons salt. Set aside for 5 minutes, until foamy bubbles form.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, then gradually add the flour, stirring in between additions.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover, and set in a warm spot until dough has doubled in size. Punch down the dough, then divide into two portions. Roll out the dough, add toppings, then bake. .