What You Need
- 1 bottle of white wine, such as Chardonnay or Viognier
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 3 allspice berries
- 2 star anise
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 cup unsweetened apple cider
- ⅓ cup ginger liqueur (such as Canton)
Follow These Steps
In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the ginger liqueur. Bring to a gentle simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Turn off the heat and let the wine steep for 20 minutes.
Stir in the ginger liqueur. Gently reheat, about 5 minutes.
To serve, ladle into glasses and serve garnished with lemons, pear, and spices.