How To: Make Roasted Chicken With Collards
Managing editor Kristin van Ogtrop whips up this easy meal (just 15 minutes prep time) from our Month of Dinners feature.
What You Need
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 2½ pounds), 2 pints grape tomatoes, 3 tablespoons olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper, 1 medium onion (sliced), 1 bunch collard greens (stems discarded and leaves cut into 1-inch strips)
Follow These Steps
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the chicken and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Start prepping the ingredients. Slice a medium onion.
- Prepare 1 bunch collard greens. Discard the stems and cut the leaves into 1-inch strips.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the collard greens and cook, tossing frequently, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with the chicken. Get the full recipe for Roasted Chicken With Collards.