Holiday Cooking Tips and Shortcuts From the Experts
The Real Simple test kitchen offers up their best strategies and techniques for simplifying the holidays.
Take some of the stress out of the holiday season with these cooking tips and techniques from the Real Simple food editors. You’ll save time, avoid kitchen mishaps, and serve delicious, beautiful food—and make it all look easy.
- What’s the Difference Between Stock, Broth, and Bouillon?
- How to Substitute Dried Herbs for Fresh
- How to Prevent Potatoes From Discoloring
- How to Trim Green Beans Quickly
- How to Keep Crudités Fresh
- How to Truss a Turkey
- How to Take a Turkey’s Temperature
- How to Keep Sliced Turkey Warm
- How to Make a Piecrust Without Rips and Tears
- How to Get a Crisp Piecrust
- How to Prevent a Piecrust From Overbrowning
- How to Break Up Chocolate Without Making a Mess
- Foolproof Cookie Cutting
- How to Ice Cookies
See more kitchen tips and techniques.