This adorable snowman has a festive sprinkle hat and sugar pearl eyes and buttons. Watch the video to learn how to create him.
What You Need
- sugar cookies
- large tweezers ($10; sweetdanib.com)
- white cookie icing
- icing bottles ($20; sweetdanib.com)
- paper plate
- colored sprinkles
- offset spatula
- blue and yellow sugar pearls
Follow These Steps
- Using tweezers, select orange sprinkles from the mix and set aside. These will form the snowman’s carrot nose.
- Using a bottle filled with white icing, outline the hat portion of the cookie, leaving a slight border from the edge of the cookie. Fill in the hat with icing.
Tip: Using an icing bottle with a tip gives you more control. You can also buy pre-packaged tubes of icing at the supermarket.
- Using a toothpick, pop any air bubbles in the icing.
- On a paper plate, sprinkle the cookie with colored sprinkles, making sure to cover the icing completely. Shake off the excess sprinkles.
Tip: An inexpensive paper plate is best. Conserve the excess sprinkles by bending the plate and pouring the sprinkles back into its original container for future use.
- Use a toothpick to smooth out and even the bottom of the hat.
- Outline the rest of the cookie in white icing.
- Fill in the cookie with icing and smooth out with an offset spatula.
Tip: Shake the cookie after smoothing out the icing to eliminate bumps and allow the icing to settle.
- Using tweezers, place the blue sugar pearls for eyes, orange sprinkle for the nose, and yellow sugar pearls for the buttons.
- Let dry for 12 hours.
Tip: Click here for product sources and buying info.