For this adorable tree, you’ll use a special sprinkle mix that has red holly berries mixed right in.
What You Need
- sugar cookies
- green cookie icing
- red cookie icing
- icing bottles ($20; sweetdanib.com)
- offset spatula
- paper plate
- holly sprinkles
- tweezers ($10; sweetdanib.com)
Follow These Steps
- Using a bottle filled with green icing, outline the tree portion of the cookie (skipping the trunk), leaving a slight border from the edge of the cookie.
Tip: Using an icing bottle with a tip gives you more control. You can also buy pre-packaged tubes of icing at the supermarket.
- Fill in the tree with icing.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the icing evenly.
Tip: Shake the cookie after smoothing out the icing to eliminate bumps and allow the icing to settle.
- On a paper plate, sprinkle the cookie with holly sprinkles, making sure to cover the icing completely. Shake off the excess sprinkles.
Tip: An inexpensive paper plate is best. Conserve the excess sprinkles by bending the plate and pouring the sprinkles back into their original container for future use.
- Using tweezers, add any extra holly berries to the tree as needed.
- Using a bottle filled with red icing, outline the trunk portion of the cookie. Fill in with icing and smooth with a toothpick.
- Let dry for 12 hours.
Tip: Click here for product sources and buying info.