- 1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces), coarsely grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Oil an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, light brown and granulated sugars, eggs, and vanilla; mix in the zucchini. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix).
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.