- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 2 ounces Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- green salad, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, onion, and ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the zucchini is tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the eggs and Cheddar.
- Transfer the skillet to oven and cook until just set, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Serve the frittata with salad.