- 1/2 loaf country bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small head escarole, torn (about 8 cups)
- 1 small head radicchio, torn (about 6 cups)
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with 3 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bake, tossing once, until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, the remaining 5 tablespoons of oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add the escarole, radicchio, fennel, and croutons and toss to combine.