- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, flax meal, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the bananas, eggs, yogurt, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups and top with the almonds.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.