- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook until very fragrant, being careful not to let the garlic brown. Remove from heat.
- Place the beans in a small bowl. Add the oil and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Using the back of a spoon, smash the beans to form a very rough paste. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Drizzle with additional oil, sprinkle with more salt and pepper, and serve with slices of bread. (This can be made 2 to 3 days in advance and kept in the freezer for up to 2 months.)