- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 small lamb loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick; 2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 3/4 cup instant polenta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chops with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the chops until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Add the garlic to the drippings and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, wine, rosemary, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Nestle the chops in the tomatoes, transfer the skillet to oven, and cook, 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Gradually whisk in the polenta. Cook, whisking frequently, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Serve with the chops and tomato sauce.