- 1 small head green leaf lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cans tuna, drained
- 1/2 8.5-ounce can sliced beets, drained
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 baguette
- 1/3 cup black olive tapenade
- Divide the lettuce among individual plates and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, beets, scallions, parsley, salt, pepper, and remaining oil. Spoon alongside the lettuce.
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise into 4-inch-thick pieces. Spread the cut side of each piece with the tapenade. Serve with the lettuce and tuna.