- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, with juices
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup croutons
- 2 ounces Parmesan, shaved
- Cook the onions in the oil with ½ teaspoon salt in a large pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and oregano. Simmer until beginning to thicken, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Top with the croutons and Parmesan before serving.