- 1/4 pound rye bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Havarti, cut up
- Heat oven to 350° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with 2 tablespoons of the oil and toast, tossing once, until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes; let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ¼ cup oil, the vinegar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the tomatoes, bread, basil, and Havarti and toss to combine.