- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pound (about 16) tomatillos, husked, washed, and quartered
- 1/2 medium sweet white onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic until chopped. Add the tomatillos, onion, jalapeño, and lime juice and pulse until fairly smooth.
- Stir in the cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.