- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin half-moons
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the shrimp and 1 tablespoon salt and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and run under cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, parsley, scallions, jalapeño, garlic, oil, lemon juice, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Let the salad marinate for 5 minutes before serving.