- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- cornmeal, for the baking sheets
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack, grated (2 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat oven to 475° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the beef, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Shape the dough into 4 rounds and place on 2 cornmeal-dusted baking sheets. Dividing evenly, top with the salsa, beef, and Monterey Jack; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Dividing evenly, top with the cilantro and avocado.