- 2 T-bone steaks (3/4 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling or new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red serrano or jalapeño chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 450° F.
- Heat grill or a grill pan to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate or grill pan.
- Toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, parsley, garlic, chili, lemon juice, paprika, coriander, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Season the steaks with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill, covered, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer registers 130° F, 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain. Serve the steaks topped with the cilantro chili sauce and alongside the potatoes, with extra sauce for dipping.