- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, sugar, oregano, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and rub with the spice mixture. Roast until cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve hot, room temperature, or chilled.