- 4 large poblano chilies
- 1 14-ounce package soft tofu
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups rice
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup white Cheddar, shredded
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- Cut a slit lengthwise down the sides of the poblano chilies. Remove the seeds. Transfer the chilies to a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mash the tofu. Add garlic, chopped onion, rice, tomato, olive oil, parsley, and salt and mix well.
- Stuff the peppers with the rice filling and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top each pepper with 1/4 cup shredded white Cheddar and continue baking until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes more.