- 1 14.5-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt
- 1 1-pound package pizza dough (thawed, if frozen)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced, or 4 ounces shredded provolone
- 2 cups fresh spinach, tough stems removed
- Heat oven to 450° F. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes and their juices, oregano, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, crushing the tomatoes with a wooden spoon until the sauce thickens, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Shape the dough into one 12- to 14-inch round and place on a baking sheet. Cover with the sauce and top with the mozzarella and spinach.
- Roll the pie into the shape of a log. Turn it so the seam is facing the pan and not visible. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board. Slice into rounds and divide among plates.