- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 strip steaks (1 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, quartered lengthwise
- Heat oven to 425° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, honey, and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- Toss the potatoes, thyme, 3 tablespoons of the remaining oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Arrange the potatoes in 4 piles of overlapping slices on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 130° F, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Serve the steak and potatoes alongside the romaine, drizzled with the dressing.