- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, cognac, or fruit brandy
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Place the strawberries in a large bowl.
- Simmer the granulated sugar and 1/3 cup water until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in the Grand Marnier. Pour the syrup over the strawberries and toss.
- Beat the cream and confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Divide the strawberry mixture among individual bowls and top with the whipped cream.