- 2 tablespoons red currant or cherry jelly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 12-ounce package frozen, dark, sweet cherries (or 2 cups pitted fresh cherries)
- 2 tablespoons cherry brandy (optional)
- 1 1/2 pints chocolate chip ice cream
- 4 ice cream cones
- Melt jelly and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Add cherries and cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes, until cherries are heated through and release their juices. Pour in brandy (if using), and simmer 1 minute longer. Place scoops of ice cream in cones. Pour hot cherries into serving bowls and invert cones on top of warm cherries. Serve immediately.