- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 head fennel, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 24 littleneck clams (3 pounds), rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- crusty bread (for serving)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the fennel, shallot, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the wine and clams. Cook over high heat, covered, until the clams open, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Toss in the parsley. Serve with crusty bread.