- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted shelled pistachios
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 2 strip or sirloin steaks (about 1 inch thick; 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound)
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast until golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, finely chop the parsley, pistachios, and garlic with ¼ cup oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the steaks to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Wipe out the skillet. Add the broccoli rabe and ½ cup water and simmer, covered, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice the steak and serve with the broccoli rabe, potatoes, and pesto.