- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 strip steaks (1/2 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 4 slices country bread
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Combine the tomatoes, anchovies, parsley, garlic, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Season the steaks with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of each steak registers 130° F, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Rub the bread with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Grill until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve the steak and bread with the tomato salad.