- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound sirloin steak, about 1-inch thick
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 1-inch-thick slices of white bread, toasted
- 1 small head Boston lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- In a small bowl, combine the thyme, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Rub the mixture over the steak.
- Grill or broil the steak 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium.
- Remove the steak and let sit, covered with foil, for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt and mix well.
- Layer the bread with lettuce and steak and drizzle with the mayonnaise mixture.