- 1 1/2 pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup bocconcini, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- country bread, for serving
- Season the steak with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook in the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare; remove. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook, tossing, until softened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the bocconcini and basil.
- Serve the steak with the bocconcini and cherry tomato mixture and country bread.