- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1-inch-thick strip steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup crumbled Feta (4 ounces)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the steaks to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with paper towels and add them to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cilantro, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Transfer to plates and sprinkle with the Feta. Serve with the steak.