- 1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 slices country bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Heat oven to 450° F. Toss the squash, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, tossing once until tender, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and honey in a small pot over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until syrupy, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Top the bread with the ricotta and roasted squash, dividing evenly. Drizzle with the syrup.