Food Recipes Slow-Cooker Squash Lasagna 2.9 (1,091) 15 Reviews This squash version may be your new favorite lasagna recipe. By Caroline Wright Caroline Wright Caroline Wright is a food writer and cookbook author with over a decade of experience in print and digital media. Highlights: *Food editor at Martha Stewart's Everyday Food for two years *Recipes and articles have appeared in Real Simple, Food Network Magazine, Health, Shape, Every Day with Rachael Ray, Better Homes & Gardens, and Southern Living *Has published five cookbooks *Latest cookbook, Soup Club, was released in 2021 Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Updated on October 25, 2016 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Romulo Yanes Hands On Time: 15 mins Total Time: 4 hrs 15 mins Yield: 6 serves Jump to Nutrition Facts Trade the expected tomato sauce for pureed winter squash to give this Italian staple a sophisticated upgrade. That’s not the only change we made with this formula. We also experimented with the proportions to cook this lasagna in the slow cooker, so with 15 minutes of preparation, you can turn the appliance on and walk away. A few hours later, you’ll have perfectly cooked pasta, with al dente noodles layered between winter squash, baby spinach, and creamy ricotta and mozzarella. Just don’t be surprised if this recipe tops your traditional lasagna on the list of family favorites. Ingredients 2 10- to 12-ounce packages frozen winter squash puree, thawed ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 32-ounce container ricotta 1 5-ounce package baby spinach (6 cups) kosher salt and black pepper 12 lasagna noodles (about 3/4 of a 16-ounce box) 8 ounces mozzarella, grated (about 2 cups) green salad, for serving Directions In a medium bowl, mix the squash and nutmeg. In a second bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. In the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, spread ½ cup of the squash mixture. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles (breaking to fit), half the remaining squash mixture, 3 lasagna noodles, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat, ending with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Cook on low, covered, until the noodles are tender, 3 to 4 hours. Serve with the green salad, if desired. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 571 Calories 29g Fat 47g Carbs 32g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 571 % Daily Value * Total Fat 29g 37% Saturated Fat 18g 90% Cholesterol 107mg 36% Sodium 564mg 25% Total Carbohydrate 47g 17% Total Sugars 2g Protein 32g Calcium 543mg 42% Iron 3mg 17% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.