- 4 slices bacon, cut up
- 2 slices sandwich bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (such as chives, parsley, and dill)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (6 cups)
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bacon and bread; season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Roast until the bacon is crisp, 10 to 12 minutes; let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, herbs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Add the spinach, cucumber, and crouton mixture and toss to coat.