- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 pound baby spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the walnuts and garlic until chopped.
- Add the spinach, oil, ¼ cup of the Parmesan, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor bowl as necessary.
- Add the pesto to the pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan before serving.