- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 green pepper, seeded, cored, and chopped (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 sandwich buns, split and toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, tomato paste, brown sugar, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped tomato, red pepper, and parsley. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato.