- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, sugar, onion powder, red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and chili mixture and cook, breaking up the beef with a spoon, until brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes.