- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pounds pork country ribs
- Combine all the ingredients, including the pork, and cook in a heavy, covered casserole in a 325° F oven for 3 hours.
- Using tongs, remove the ribs from the casserole and arrange them on a broiler pan.
- Heat the broiler.
- Pour the juices from the casserole into a bowl and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to hasten the separation of the fat.
- Remove and discard the fat. Pour the defatted juices into a saucepan; boil over high heat until reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Broil the ribs about 6 inches from the heat until browned. Serve with the sauce.