- 8 ounces rice noodles or fettuccine
- 1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili paste or sauce (optional)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 16 basil leaves, whole or torn
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the coconut milk, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and chili paste (if desired).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the drained noodles into the sauce and toss. Divide among individual bowls. Top with the scallions, sprouts, basil, and coconut (if desired).