- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound green beans, halved crosswise
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 2 red jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1½ pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork and fold in the cilantro.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the green beans, garlic, jalapeños, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with the chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and add to the skillet.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and serve over the rice.