- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 3/4 cups raw pecans
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350º F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the maple syrup, sugar, and butter in a medium pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the pepitas, pecans, walnuts, cayenne, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Simmer, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the nuts and liquid to the prepared baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Bake, stirring once, until the nuts are golden and sugar is crystallized, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir once more, then let cool; break into clumps.