- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- In a medium bowl, toss the chickpeas, cucumber, basil, and shallot with the oil, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium. In a small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Sprinkle the chicken with the sesame seed mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere. Grill, covered, until cooked through, 9 to 10 minutes per side. Serve with the chickpea salad.